If you can have a small bowl of cookies under your roof and grab just one or two for munching when your sweet tooth is feeling neglected then this white chocolate ginger cookie recipe adapted from Weight Watchers-only 2 points each- is for you. May I suggest placing these cookies in the freezer instead of on your kitchen counter to have better success with the light nibbling aspect of enjoying small bites of sweetness when the cookie cravings hit. These cookies are filled with both white chocolate and crystallized ginger chips that might just satisfy with a few less calories than the usual full fat Mrs. Fields type version. When the baking bug calls it’s not such a bad thing to have a few lightened up cookie recipes in your repertoire. So, I’m back on my light baking kick, at least for now.
February turns out to be a busy travel month for us as we head to New Jersey and New York next week after our memorable trip to NOLA for the Super Bowl. Every moment I’m at home I have to pay attention to what I eat because I wasn’t dieting in New Orleans and I’m sure not going to be dieting in New York-just too many good places to eat! I’m already planning my trip to Chelsea Market and what can we eat here and here and there!!! Don’t forget about the good food in New Jersey, I think I’ll have soup for dinner tonight.
Out of the kindness of my heart and because of my love for sharing I’m passing on this quick and easy light cookie recipe-I hope baking up a small batch of white chocolate ginger cookies helps with any cookie cravings that occur while for the most part you’re following a very healthy diet.
Adapted from Weight Watchers-2 points each cookie.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 rounded tablespoon crystallized ginger chips
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line baking sheets with parchment or use Silpats
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer cream butter, oil and sugar together on medium speed until smooth,2-3 minutes, scrape down the bowl a few times.
- Add the vanilla and egg white to butter mixture- beat until combined and smooth.
- Add the flour mixture on low speed, mix until combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and ginger.
- Use a teaspoon to make rounded scoops of dough to place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 6-7 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Cool on metal racks.