I love a simple Summer salad, especially one with a little crunch in every bite. Enter shredded carrots and sliced almonds to add that crunch. This salad is so simple that you could make it from ingredients found at a grocery store salad bar or you could prepare your own quinoa and slice your own vegetables, as you like it. My dressing is also simple, using a good extra virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. I think that easy meals, especially those featuring salads are the way to go in the Summer when the temperature rises and the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven. I also sliced up a few tomatoes from my garden to add a little pop of color on the plates. I like to add an extra drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper over my sliced tomatoes. Please enjoy, I hope everyone is having a great Summer.
- 1&1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1&1/2 cups arugula
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tomatoes, sliced to serve on side.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl ~ toss together and serve. Add the sliced tomatoes to plate if desired.