This is the last day of our two week vacation to Central Oregon or to be more precise, to Powell Butte, Oregon. My home away from home has been at Brasada Ranch on Alfalfa Road in Powell Butte, Oregon and I guess I’m ready to return home but maybe not really. Except for the smoky skies from the wild fires all over Oregon I love it here, usually we can see the beautiful Cascade mountains off in the distance. We’ve been horse back riding, mountain biking, golfing, hiking, walking, relaxing by the pool or in my case today, relaxing in front of the Solheim Cup live on the Golf Channel. Also doing some mad pinning to my Pinterest boards while in deep concentration about the direction of my blog in the coming months. I’ve been sharing more salad and veggie recipes lately, which means less baking over the past few months. But, I’m ready to get back to baking and have about a gazillion ideas that I’ve saved on my Pinterest.
I whipped up this mango blueberry kale salad before I left on vacation and even ironed the napkin just for you! My mango blueberry kale salad with toasted sesame oil dressing is quick to make for your lunch or maybe to share with a friend which would also be fun with a glass of ice water sprinkled with fresh blueberries on the side.
Hope everyone is enjoying the delicious salads of Summer and will consider giving this one a try too!
Makes 2 large salads or double the recipe for 4-6 side salads.
- 4 cups packed chopped kale
- 1 cup blueberries, plus extra for serving
- 1 mango, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup lightly chopped cashews, plus extra for serving
- For the Toasted Sesame Oil Dressing
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Tamari
- 1 teaspoon cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- Place chopped kale in large bowl.
- Whisk together the salad ingredients and massage into bowl of chopped kale.
- Add the blueberries, mango and cashews to chopped kale.
- Serve kale salad in bowls with additional whole cashews and blueberries.