I think it’s time to share a salad recipe. Grilled avocado, corn and blueberry baby kale salad with a chipotle lime vinaigrette sounds good to me. This is a quick easy salad recipe with a lot of Summer flavors. Don’t be afraid of grilling the avocado slices, that’s kind of fun to do using a grill pan on top of the stove. I steam a couple of ears of corn for this recipe and one of my other salad ingredients, fresh blueberries go great with the avocado and the corn. I love baby kales and buy them pre-washed in a package, so easy to use. I made my vinaigrette vegan by using the Blue Agave Sweetner from Trader Joe’s but honey could be an alternative to the agave in this salad dressing. Fresh lime juice and zest with the flavors of Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce, agave and sherry vinegar gives my vinaigrette recipe a lot of punch, perfect over this kale salad.
I will be back next month with the Tuesdays with Dorie group and am already planning my baking schedule to catch up on a few of the wonderful recipes I’ve missed from Baking Chez Moi by Dorie Greenspan. Meanwhile here is a link to Dorie’s blog with a well deserved congratulations to the French Fridays with Dorie group who after a five year cooking/baking adventure finished Around My French Table.
- 6 cups baby kales, pre-washed in package
- 2 ears of corn, I used white and yellow, steamed with corn kernals removed in big pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into thick slices
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- olive oil for brushing the avocado slices
- for the vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, a little zest
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce, finely chopped- about 1/2 a pepper
- 1 teaspoon Blue Agave sweeetner
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Brush the avocado slices with olive oil and grill on a hot grill pan for about 1 minute per side, remove and put together the vinaigrette. Place the baby kales in a large salad bowl. Add the grilled avocado, corn and blueberries. Pour in the vinaigrette, lightly mix together and serve. Baby kales are more delicate than larger types of kale and are ready to eat immediatley after dressing the salad.